DS Home Inspections, LLC 318-675-9786
Bossier / Shreveport & surrounding areas
COMMON ITEMS FOUND DURING HOME INSPECTIONS
1. Wiring added to breaker box not in conduit or connected to box improperly.
2. Temperature pressure relief valve (TPR) drain lines not properly terminated.
3. Gutters that discharge next to the home without drains, splash blocks or
extensions to divert water away from the home and prevent unwanted erosion.
4. Improper grading around home, soil should be below where the foundation meets the brick or siding, new standards recommend 6 " below, this is especially important to prevent moisture from entering the home and to prevent termites and ants from damaging home.
5. No GFCI outlets in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry areas, garages, outside and any wet
6. Non working Smoke Alarms.
7. No Smoke alarms in each bedroom.
8. Rusted or improperly secured flashing around roof penetrations.
9. Door hardware that is loose or not working properly (deadbolts, doorknobs, latches).
10. Insufficient insulation in attic.
11. Chimneys without caps to protect from water intrusion.
12. Slow drains
13. Branches touching roof, causing damage to shingles.
14. Missing insulation on A/C line (low pressure-larger of the 2) going to external
15. Branches touching overhead electrical lines connected to home.
16. Roof vents missing nails and or caulk.
LINKS TO GREAT INFORMATION TO HELP KEEP YOUR HOME LOOKING AND WORKING LIKE NEW: